- The Industrial Service Department provides consultation services for students before their Industrial Training.
- The department also processes student applications for their Industrial Training placement.
- The department writes guidelines for students’ Industrial Training application.
- Industrial training refers to the work experience that is relevant to their professional development prior to graduation.
- One of the requirements for the award of Advance Diploma is that students MUST complete 12 weeks of Industrial Training.
- Industrial Training is normally conducted in the 4th Semester.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and manage training placements for students.
- Establish relationships with industries related to the programs conducted in Politeknik Brunei.
- Provide a comprehensive paper on an effective new method in the field of Industrial Training placement that can be used in Politeknik Brunei.
- Submit reports to the Director of any updates on Industrial Attachment matters.
- Expose students to real working experience and knowledge.
- Apply academic knowledge taught in lecture rooms to real industrial situations.
- Expose students to responsibilities and ethics of professionals in their discipline.
- Expose students to prospective future employers.
Industrial Service Department
Block 2E Level 3
Ong Sum Ping Condominium
Jalan Ong Sum Ping
Bandar Seri Begawan BA1311
Negara Brunei Darussalam