• The Industrial Service Department provides consultation services for students before their
• The department also processes student applications for their Industrial Training placement.
• The department writes guidelines for students’ Industrial Training application.
• Industrial training refers to the work experience that is relevant to their professional
development prior to graduation.
• One of the requirements for the award of Advance Diploma is that students MUST complete
12 weeks of Industrial Training.
• Industrial Training is normally conducted in the 4th Semester.
Roles and responsibilities
• Plan and manage training placements for students.
• Establish relationships with industries related to the programs conducted in Politeknik
• Provide a comprehensive paper on an effective new method in the field of Industrial
Training placement that can be used in Politeknik Brunei.
• Submit reports to the Director of any updates on Industrial Attachment matters.
1. Expose students to real working experience and knowledge.
2. Apply academic knowledge taught in lecture rooms to real industrial situations.
3. Expose students to responsibilities and ethics of professionals in their discipline.
4. Expose students to prospective future employers.
Department of Industrial Services
Block 2E Level 3
Ong Sum Ping Condominium
Jalan Ong Sum Ping
Bandar Seri Begawan BA1311
Negara Brunei Darussalam
© 2015 Politeknik Brunei. All Rights Reserved.