POLITEKNIK BRUNEI 2nd INTERIOR DESIGN EXHIBITION “AWAKEN”
Monday, 23rd May 2016
Politeknik Brunei today held an opening ceremony for its 2nd Interior Design Exhibition with the theme “Awaken” at Jabatan Kerja Raya, Jalan Lapangan Terbang Lama Berakas.
A total of 51 students who enrolled in the last Advanced Diploma in Interior Design programme will display their creativity final project work through the proposal design, analysis, research, exploration of ideas in 2D and 3D and contractural drawings. The students’ projects showcase designs that cover leisure, exhibition, services, commerce and education.
The objectives of this exhibition are:
1. To develop creativity, innovation and teamwork between lecturers and students through various projects.
2. To elevate the students’ portfolio to the professional level to fulfil the requirements of industries and higher educations institutions.
3. To enhance awareness amongst the general public and employers towards the understanding and recognition of relevant programmes offered by Politeknik Brunei.
4. To raise awareness of ‘thinking green’ by employing recycled materials and sustainable resources through a series of interior design students’ exhibition and
5. To market the students’ projects which hopes to provide them with job opportunities as professionals upon graduation, as industry-related agencies will also be invited to attend the exhibition.
Present to launch the opening ceremony was Hj Mohammad Nazri Mohammad Yusof, President of PUJA as the guest of honour.
Also in attendance were the Acting Director of Politeknik Brunei, Awang Denis Ho Mun Tai; Acting Assistant Director of Politeknik Brunei, Heads of Departments and Heads of Schools as well as lecturers, officers and students of Politeknik Brunei.
The 2nd Interior Design Exhibition “Awaken” will be held for three days, that is, on 24 May 2016 (Tuesday) and 25 May 2016 (Wednesday) from 09.00 am to 4.00 pm and on 26 May 2016 (Thursday) from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm. The general public is welcome to attend.
© 2015 Politeknik Brunei. All Rights Reserved.