QUALITY ASSURANCE DEPARTMENT
The Quality Assurance (QA) Department aims to cultivate a culture of quality and excellence across all levels of operations at Politeknik Brunei through the development and implementation of a comprehensive Quality Management System (QMS), based on the ISO 9001:2015 framework.
The QMS is developed based on two (2) overarching principles: 1. Quality Assurance, and 2. towards the achievement of the Vision and Mission of PB. These two (2) principles are embedded in all aspects of PB operations. The QMS is aligned with the Vision and Mission of the Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam, as well as the Brunei Vision 2035, which aspires for a nation recognized for the accomplishment of its well-educated and highly skilled people, as measured by the highest international standards.
Each department and school is responsible for ensuring all the processes carried out are quality assured as guided by the QMS. The QA Department coordinates processes centrally and provides all departments and schools with support for improving and achieving quality. It also functions as a link with external regulatory bodies such as the Higher Education Department of the Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam National Accreditation Council and other professional bodies such as the ASEAN Quality Assurance Network, SEAMEO Voctech and industry partners. The QA Department ensures that the various processes and activities are consistent across the institution with comprehensive systems implemented to monitor and evaluate the provision of services at Politeknik Brunei. These include:
- Teaching and learning
- Level 5 Diploma Programmes
- Administrative Processes
- Privacy and Confidentiality: We value privacy and confidentiality. We regard all information obtained as confidential and they are used for the department's intended purposes only.
- Quality: We value quality in everything we do.
- Commitment to ISO Standards: We are committed in complying to the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Transparency: We value transparency in everything we do.
- Synergy: We communicate, cooperate and collaborate with staff, students and other stakeholders.
- Integrity: We value honesty, fairness and respect in our daily operations.
Quality with Integrity.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the QA Department include the following:
- Internal Verification Process (IVP):
- Ensure that assessments are checked and verified in accordance to the module syllabus and module objectives;
- Ensure that assessments meet the standards as required by Politeknik Brunei.
- Receiving and analyzing feedback through various channels:
- Suggestion box, annual student dialogue sessions for all schools and PB online feedback form.
- Working with the Research and Development (R&D) Department on Module Evaluation, Graduate Satisfaction Survey (GSS) and Employer Satisfaction Survey (ESS).
- Feedback received is collated and analysed to identify areas requiring focused attention and evaluation of the effectiveness of its services and infrastructure;
- Feedback is shared to relevant schools / departments;
- Monitor the actions taken on the feedback received, wherever required;
- Share the actions taken, wherever required, to students, schools and external parties (when applicable).
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS):
- The scope of the ISO 9001:2015 QMS for Politeknik Brunei is the provision of Level 5 Diploma programmes in the field of Business, Science and Engineering, and Information and Communication Technology. The QA Department manages and conducts annual PB Internal Audits for all processes existing in the schools / departments within the scope of ISO 9001:2015. Certified ISO PB internal auditors are involved throughout the audit.